Skip to main content

tv   Outnumbered  FOX News  October 5, 2022 9:00am-10:00am PDT

9:00 am
trait that we did with russia where one of our astronauts arrived on a russian capsule and in return today a cosmonaut will be joining our team as they head into space. there is a bad weather call as we know a few weeks ago, but today is looking good, apparently launch is a go and we are waiting the countdown at any moment here in cape canaveral, florida. nikki haley, we have just a moment here before we take off, but this is really a return to american greatness, we know that there is a pause of astronauts going into space for about a decade, okay, the countdown's beginning, stay with us here. let's listen. >> dragon space basics, godspeed, go for launch. >> spacex dragon, go for launch. >> t-30 seconds.
9:01 am
t-15. ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one, ignition. engines full power, and lift o off. >> to one alpha. >> copy one alpha. >> pitching down range. >> stage one propulsion is nominal.
9:02 am
nominal power and telemetry. stage one throttle down. supersonic. [engine worrying] execute. stage one throttle up. >> stage one bravo. >> copy. 1 bravo.
9:03 am
>> impact shield has started. >> kayleigh: ambassador haley, this is really incredible to watch, i will never forget to traveling with president trump to cape canaveral, to see the first launch of americans into space nearly a decade, scrubbed due to weather, and then it happened. and what you are watching as a return to american greatness as we watch this for the take off. after nearly a decade of really
9:04 am
stymieing our space exploration, it really feels like america is back on the space front. >> dr. saphier: it is awe-inspiring, and i'm laughing, emily is so emotional watching this, but god is so good when you see something like this. in the back of my mind, you have to think, should we be partnering with the russians on this? and that's the concern i have as it was not that long ago that the russians did that antisatellite weapons blast and because the debris to go everywhere. and with russia being more aligned with the china and them working on a partnership in all of that, americans need to be very careful while this is just an amazing moment and we need to continue that exploration and be careful about who we continue with. >> kayleigh: that is an excellent point. going back to 20011, with president obama where it was announced that project constellation would come to a halt, there was bipartisan criticism for winding down nasa in a letter penned by neil armstrong along with other famed
9:05 am
astronauts and one of the things they said to president obama at that time, just a little flashback is america's only path to low earth orbit and international space station will be subject to an agreement with russia to purchase space and to get a ticket with russia, paraphrasing $50 million per seat, so it seems like going back to 2011 it was predictable of that. any wind down of the government that nasa would lead to this and to this inevitable outcome? >> nikki: it's true, there are two parts to the space station, one is managed by russia and one is managed by america, the canadians, the europeans, and the japanese. you are saying that russia is threatening to pull out and do their own thing. now partnering with china, we really need to look at how do we continue this exploration with partners we can trust. because i think that as you see russia starting to ramp up their rhetoric, look at germany. i mean, we know now we can't trust them for anything. we can't trust him to be good partners. you look at what america has
9:06 am
done over the years and we are so capable. and to the last partner we need is russia. we can do this without them. we have a lot of other friends. >> kayleigh: we do. to that point, with russia the head of cosma coves issuing these threats, the war had just begun and he tweeted out that i believe the restoration of normal restorations between partners in the international space station and other projects is possible only with the complete and unconditional bowl -- unconditional lifting of stations, the space station will die by its own death, there is been cooperation since then, bus were very real. >> brian: first off on the partnership it's a private/public partnership, spacex, elon musk working with nasa was able to get us in the air, that's one thing russia will never happen past, private industry that leads the charge. the personal principles that allow them to have a hybrid economy, that is gone. now for us to go into the space station with russians, i watch
9:07 am
them in the battlefield and it makes me wonder how they even move past 1981. there certainly is weapons equipment that hasn't, and how much can they be contributing? keep in mind china, china has said we will do our own thing. and it makes you wonder if china has their own space station, is there military assets on it? and i can we trust it? the one thing about russia if they are flying with you, at least you know what they are up to, but i would pat down the cosmonaut before i got on the capsule and making sure he was not packing anything. >> kayleigh: emily, i've been watching you get visibly emotional over this, it's amusing to watch. 17,500 miles per hour is what these astronauts are traveling at for a six month trip to the international space station. you marvel. >> emily: it is. and for someone that grew up having neil armstrong on my wall and walked the saturn five rocket to see the falcon 9, i appreciate all of you guys bringing me back down-to-earth with your very important discussion about the realities
9:08 am
of this, but i still see this just is a little girl who loves space. and every time i see this, i always get overwhelmed because of the sheer magnitude of this and what it represents. and i have to say for me, notwithstanding all of our geopolitical discussion, it represents a unification to me and actually the cosmonaut said, i love my crewmates and i feel so comfortable and america, in nasa, and spacex, and russia she said, everywhere people specialist engineers, everyone is doing their job to have a joint success, because to me and to her she sees it as the accomplishment of someone who loves space and astronautics and the joy and the science, the scientific exploration on that front, and i hope it is not marred by the obvious and clearly insidious goals of the russian government. and i think it is so important to separate the government schools and the government's missions with those of the astronauts who i hope really -- >> brian: russia brought it up, they said it to us. so it's not nasa getting
9:09 am
political. >> emily: oh, of course. 100%. >> kayleigh: so as we look at this, endurance is the name of the spacecraft and is expected to land tomorrow at 4:57:00 p.m. eastern time at the international space station. and dr. saphier, it's amazing and you have to feel like america revived. we did have four years where it was private/public partnership with spacex, you see the launch, the creation of space forests. it definitely feels like after a decade of just downtrodden nature for our space men and women that we are back. >> dr. saphier: i think that spacex and boeing, their attribution to the addition to nasa is really just showing what the capitalist society of the united states has that russia and other societies will never have. to brian's point. but i want to point out what emily was just talking about, sciences and international global endeavor, and yes, we have a lot of geopolitical conversations going on right now, but the fundamental science should always be an
9:10 am
international collaboration especially when we are talking about the planet. we are one global civilization, so i think it is very important for us to try to work with russia as much as possible when it comes to science, but again, we also need to keep them in check to know that at any point they can pull out, they can stop there half of the space station like nikki haley just said, they do, they are important when it comes to it orbiting and unfortunately we can't trust them. >> brian: i will say this it's so cool to see it land on the pad, elon musk says why do i have to buy a new rocket every launch? and then he figured out a way to landed instead of going into the ocean. it's pretty amazing to see. >> american ingenuity, and speaking of elon musk, you set us up for the to use it don't meant to use as you do so well, looks like he is closing his deal to close twitter and the media is in a panic. more on that next. with no upfront costs for an appraisal or termite inspection. no upfront costs at all. let us get your family security of cash in the bank.
9:11 am
9:12 am
9:13 am
9:14 am
9:15 am
speak of the union between twitter and elon musk is back on, and offering free suites to users of every political persuasion. twitter has accepted the proposal of the original price of about $34 billion, and how that billionaire is one step closer to buying the social media giant, some are losing their minds. expectedly as always with nbc reporter ben collins saying the move could actually affect the midterms. and another reporter responding, re-tweeting be afraid, be very afraid. and ambassador, one of my first favorites was if he gets control of twitter and mark zuckerberg has control of facebook, and cnn under backed management, we have a massive problem, and he said do not listen to anyone who tells you differently. this is a massive freak out over the promise of free speech.
9:16 am
>> nikki: i will tell you what they are afraid of is that this actually becomes transparent, and right when the word came out to that elon musk was going to do this initially, my numbers grew by tens of thousands. like i think it was like 50,000 and like a week. and it's because they suddenly remove the algorithms, right? we all know what it is like. you see how slow it works. and if he comes over, my hope is that he makes it transparent and they show the algorithms and they really start to focus on getting rid of the bots, because we don't need china, russia, and iran sitting there dictating the debate on twitter, we need to have real people that can say whatever they want because we are a country of free speech. >> dr. speech through >> emily:d that's why the $44 million considered was higher than the market value because so much of it was the bots and proverbial, so what say you, i know you lost a lot of followers as well, why has free speech been so dangerous?
9:17 am
>> brian: i thought i did a bad interview on the radio, evidently i've been told that i was being followed by bots, which i don't mind, because i like feeling more important, but i had those thousands of extra bots and i did not get 50,000, but i got another 20-30, i think it was as simple as this because a lot of republicans or conservatives or moderates or independents that were not wait to the left decided i can go back on twitter and may be just learn something and pick up something and follow the news. the other thing to keep in mind as i have not figured out why at the last minute way back to the original deal. what were the six months of sparring about. and instead, maybe he knew that he was going to lose the court case and thought i will get ahead of it, so i think both times when he said i'm going to go on the board, i was surprised. and 20 said i would buy them, he would be a surprise spread when he dropped it out of surprise and when he is actually buying it now, i think that it's great news for the country. >> emily: i love that you are always surprised. >> brian: i wake up every day
9:18 am
amazed. speed tool to answer your question reports are that he was dreading the deposition process and was dreading more transparency on his end, these are of course coming out of the left, so who knows to trust them, but keep in mind that him offering to buy that original price increase shares by another 22 percent in one day, so maybe this is all part of his larger plan to ensure that what he is buying is really worth it. and back to the media freak out for a second, one of my other favorites was your favorite media matters weighing in, angela cruz sony and the president saying that elon musk will turn twitter into a fever swamp of dangerous conspiracy theories, partisan chicanery and operationalized harassment. again, why is free-speech, why is the open townsquare markets so dangerous to the left? >> because it can allow people to think for themselves, they allow people to think for themselves, they get the hunter biden story and that can happen. you have to ban one of the largest newspapers in the united states from the platform to censor that news is twitter did with "the new york post," but my favorite and this is
9:19 am
ironic that they say this time a democratic congressman says that this will have major implications for a democracy society and culture, okay, and nbc reporter if it gets done early enough could actually affect midterms. and then be very afraid. so now they are worried about it affecting elections when there is no doubt in my mind that twitter affected an election with the sensory of the hunter biden news, saying 4.6% of voters would have changed there from hunter biden -- joe biden had they known the news. let people decide for themselves, they are smart and can pick the right candidate, but don't hide information. >> emily: that's why they are calling for more information into the sensory and suppression, because they are arguing it did have an effect or we need to know if it did. and dr. thomas of course everyone is also freaking out about the possibility of restoring former president trump back to twitter, which elon musk has said he will do with some freak outs awaking and fire off
9:20 am
an endorsement of an embattled candidate or supercharge the latest conservative need, oh, the horrors. >> dr. saphier: if he does go back on twitter it will make news headlines, but i think it would probably not happen before headlines, we were talking about before midterms come and talk about this before. if he comes back to twitter it's probably to talk about the next presidential election. >> brian: or to talk about truth social. >> dr. saphier: he promised ed and i will hold him accountable. >> emily: he said what idiot would take a twitter to drive his own platform like a true liberal just losing money right and left, coming up, governor desantis blasts heartless looters in florida who turns out roads in the country illegally. >> i would take the three looters and drag them out by the colors and send them back to where they came from. [applause]
9:21 am
your spirit is stronger than your highs and lows.
9:22 am
your creativity can outshine any bad day. because you are greater than your bipolar i, and you can help take control of your symptoms - and ask about vraylar. some medicines only treat the lows or highs. once-daily vraylar is proven to treat depressive, acute manic, and mixed episodes of bipolar i in adults. full-spectrum relief for all bipolar i symptoms. elderly dementia patients have increased risk of death or stroke. call your doctor about unusual changes in behavior or suicidal thoughts. antidepressants can increase these in children and young adults. report fever, stiff muscles or confusion which may mean a life-threatening reaction, or uncontrollable muscle movements which may be permanent. high cholesterol and weight gain, and high blood sugar, which can lead to coma or death, may occur. movement dysfunction and restlessness are common side effects. sleepiness and stomach issues are also common. side effects may not appear for several weeks. you are greater than your bipolar i. ask about vraylar and learn how abbvie could help you save. >> tech: at safelite, we take care of vehicles
9:23 am
with the latest technology. when my last customer discovered a crack in his car's windshield, he scheduled at safelite.com. safelite makes it easy. we're the experts at replacing your glass... ...and recalibrating your advanced safety system. >> customer: and they recycled my old glass. now that's a company i can trust. >> tech: don't wait. schedule today. ♪ pop rock music ♪ >> singers: ♪ safelite repair, safelite replace. ♪
9:24 am
9:25 am
>> kayleigh: welcome back, president biden set to land in florida, to tour the aftermath and meet with governor ron desantis who is tearing into a leader in the wake of the storm. 3 of 4 colluding suspects arrested for ransacking devastated businesses, and are in the united states illegally, here's the government. >> we have four looters who were arrested i guess a couple of days ago and they need to be brought to justice and we are not going to tolerate it, but three of the four are illegal aliens. and so, these are people that are foreigners, they are legally in our country, and not only that, they try to loot and ransack in the aftermath of a natural disaster. i mean, they should be prosecuted, but they need to be sent back to their home country. they should not be here at all. >> if i could, i would take
9:26 am
those three looters and i would drive them out by the callers and i would send them back to where they came from. >> kayleigh: tough but necessary words, brian. speak of governor is direct and it will be interesting meeting with him today as we were talking on radio with barack obama coming to visit when you were governor of south carolina, what do you do? and i think that it's going to go smoothly, unless a president biden comes out and says i am so glad that those go as well, just had a down year, and something provocative. i don't see governor desantis holding back. and also don't see them hugging it out. i see hopefully mutual respect, because the last thing the country needs is to see political invite. >> kayleigh: i think that we will see that mutual respect, i remember when he came down after the condominium collapse, he said leading the nation know
9:27 am
that we can couple operate. this is life and death, said that he recognized the severity of the tragedy since day one, and these two individuals have shown an ability to put politics aside and life-and-death mat matters. >> nikki: this is about the police people of florida, so when president biden comes in he needs to be conscious of that. i'm sure that they are conscious of that. and people do not want to see political bickering when you have so much suffering. but when you come to the illegal immigration situation, every state as a border state right now. every state is feeling this in their schools and hospitals, law enforcement and as much as democrats are complaining about other governors that are sending these illegal somewhere else, at what point do they turn the finger to joe biden? at what point do they turn the finger who was supposed to be the borders are and clearly has been missing in action. they have yet to do that. >> kayleigh: they have an na
9:28 am
showed, we have bill melugin who put this out just a stunning number when you think about it, having cdp sources, and 599,000 known guideways who evade the capture of law enforcement and this is coming after fiscal year 2021 when you add them together, 1 million known guideways at her border coming at the same week when you have chris climb who is a chief border patrol agent and ms-13 gang member is someone who we capture, how many of these are gang members or criminals, looters as we have seen in florida? >> there is not enough time on the show every day to cover every development that is horrifying and even more horrifying that it is predictable every day. and guess what, our vice president is doing, guess what the borders are is doing, rolling to texas to make money. she is going to texas to fund raise and yet she refuses to go to the border. she refuses to go to an actual geographical border town, and
9:29 am
every town in every state has become a border, because every town is being riddled with illegal guns, every town in america sees the influx and strain of her resources because of the millions of illegals pouring over the border. and i thought congressman tony gonzalez said it best, actually when he said that i don't understand why the vice president won't take an hour plane ride to the border. why won't, does she just talk? listen to people and talk to people and show up and say, we are here to help. he begged her to say the administration has not abandon you. he said say something. but instead, we get silence or a commitment to making money from the good people of austin. >> kayleigh: she will be saying something to your point at an austin fund-raiser, we have the invitation and we can put it up. you can see here an evening with kamala harris, texas democrat johnson jordan to win a $50 to $10,000 a ticket. >> brian: the mayor is
9:30 am
exhausted but not off. >> nikki: she knows that it's the money that wins election, not necessarily good policy, going to austin, texas, that has a median household income of over $100,000, not the border town of eagle pass who has about a 40,000 median income and seeing tens of thousands of immigrants coming across every single day with increased crime, the fentanyl crisis, and to the ambassador's point, she said that every single state in the country right now is feeling the aftermath of illegal immigration, but you know what, not the way that some of these other states are. florida itself to ron desantis point, 8% of all illegal immigrants are in florida. now you're finding that some of them are doing the vile behavior of opportunistic taking advantage of the victims of tragedy is. it is awful and it needs to be immediate deportation. >> kayleigh: 8 percent in florida, 20 in martha's vin vineyard? coming up, female athletes are banned from their own locker room for not wanting to change in front of their
9:31 am
transgender teammate, that's next.
9:32 am
this is john. he never gives up—no matter what life throws his way. high cholesterol. heart disease. 17 fad diets... 5 kids... 3 grandkids... 1 heart attack. and 18 passwords that seem to change daily. with leqvio, john can lower his cholesterol— and so can you. when taken with a statin, leqvio is proven to lower bad cholesterol by over 50% and keep it low with two doses a year. common side effects of leqvio were injection site reaction, joint pain, urinary tract infection, diarrhea, chest cold, pain in legs or arms, and shortness of breath. with leqvio, lowering cholesterol becomes just one more thing life throws your way. ask your doctor if leqvio is right for you. lower. longer.
9:33 am
leqvio. i'm jonathan lawson here to tell you about life insurance through the colonial penn program. if you're age 50 to 85, and looking to buy life insurance on a fixed budget, remember the three ps. what are the three ps? the three ps of life insurance on a fixed budget are price, price, and price. a price you can afford, a price that can't increase, and a price that fits your budget. i'm 54, what's my price?
9:34 am
you can get coverage for $9.95 a month. i'm 65 and take medications. what's my price? also $9.95 a month. i just turned 80, what's my price? $9.95 a month for you too. if you're age 50 to 85, call now about the #1 most popular whole life insurance plan available through the colonial penn program. it has an affordable rate starting at $9.95 a month. no medical exam, no health questions. your acceptance is guaranteed. and this plan has a guaranteed lifetime rate lock so your rate can never go up for any reason. so call now for free information and you'll also get this free beneficiary planner. and it's yours free just for calling. so call now for free information.
9:35 am
>> emily: students and parents are outraged at a vermont high school where female students objected to having a transgender player in their locker room. the randolph union school sided with the trans athlete and is now investigating the incident. but in the meantime, the locker room was reportedly closed until further notice. a female player on the team saying i feel like for stating my opinion, that i don't want a biological man changing with me. that i should not have harassment charges or bullying charges. but they went all the girls who feel uncomfortable to get changed in a single stall bathroom. the school superintendent says that student safety is our district's higher priority. we always do our best to maintain a supportive learning environment for all of our students. the district has policies and procedures to respond to student harassment based on protected
9:36 am
characteristics or other misconduct. we are not able to discuss any specific students because of federal privacy laws. brian, that is doublespeak for when the girls complained to having to change with a guy, they said you can all change in a single stall bathroom and then upfront and publicly they say, something like this essentially hiding behind why can't you acknowledge girls feeling uncomfortable? why can't you acknowledge a teenage girls meeting the state their opinion without investigating them for bullying? >> brian: was it like the transgender athlete was sitting there staring at the locker, evidently she was sitting in the back of the locker room and with the mom described as voyeurism watching the girls get undressed. they are 14 years old, you've got to be kidding me. it's so obvious in all most every school i went to because we used to coach and play basketball and there was always a locker room for the teachers and there was a bathroom for the teachers and there was a locker room for the athletes coming you very simply say, they know that they are special being that they are going through transgender transition, listen, until you completed this we have
9:37 am
certain rules, we have a bathroom for you. you move the athlete outcome of the transgender athlete out and let the others get dressed, they should never come to this and it is really bad for the coach to allow this to happen. supervisors to allow this to happen paired why does a 14-year-old have to take care of themselves at this point? >> emily: puberty is tough enough, hormones and everything else socially is tough enough without this being added in coming to brian's point, why removing the 30 girls elsewhere instead of the person who requires privacy? put them in a safe neutral place? >> hormones are raging during that time in their frontal lobe is not informed, so it's not a good time to make some major decisions, but what brian was saying was why he is in the school doing something? it can't, because this is signed into law that trans students get to use the bathrooms and locker rooms, because that is how far we have gone with these crazy woke policies. and this is going to be the aftermath of it. you are going to have children who feel uncomfortable. i raised three boys. i bring my youngest is now eight
9:38 am
years old. he still gets to come with mommy into the bathroom. he can't go off on his own. and sometimes people aren't comfortable with that with my 8-year-old little boy coming into the women's restroom, but why is that a problem but this is not a problem? and just because this student who was born a boy believes they are a girl, that does not actually make it right in that situation. i mean, someone can multipersonality disorder, that does not mean they can go drive in the hov lane, they are still just one person. and doesn't this just speak for volume's -- because to this question, does it speak volumes about the district's response? kids are always going to do things, people are always going to request things and be special and unique and different, but it is the district's response that is so much more troubling than this one person who wants to change with the girls. not into the transgender athlete, but the two girls. i'm so proud of these two girls, it's not easy to speak up in this day and age and culture and they did without any regard to
quote
9:39 am
how it would affect them personally and it reminds me of the 16 swimmers who anonymously spoke out very proud of them as well. and they need to be very careful when i say day, democrats obviously on this issue, because this is defying ideology, just a simple basic common sense issue. i remember one of those swimmers saying people have come up to me and said that this is so wrong. i'm typically liberal, but this is past that. this is passed left and right, this is just common sense, protect young women, why can't we get back to a place where women, young women matter too? >> emily: that's right, and with your experience as a governor and an ambassador to the u.n., what are your thoughts getting that perspective on the state regard, and is america a laughingstock. globally because we are busy spending our time with students doing this instead of educating them on things that would amplify and elevate their position on the world stage? >> nikki: when we looked distracted, the world is less safe, but this is the issue of
Check
9:40 am
our time, this is complete insanity. when i was governor they wanted to bring in a bathroom bill, it transgender bathroom bill and i strong-armed it and said we are not going to have that in south carolina, because typically what happens if you truly care about safety of your kids, when there is a transgender student, the school itself works with the parents, you give them an individual bathroom that way they are not made fun of, that way they don't feel uncomfortable, but you don't make all the other students feel it. this is what is going wrong. you are not looking at the masses and trying to say what is good for them? you are looking for one student in creating an unsafe situation for everybody. and the idea that girls have to speak up at 14, we know strong girls make strong women, but they should not have to deal with this right now. and who is helping them? no one is there for the girls. >> brian: what happened in the me too movement. >> emily: also at the same time. i remember you saying earlier
9:41 am
you said strong girls make strong women, and then he said in strong women make strong leaders. so when you say who is helping them, that's what we need are those female leaders like yourself who stood up for it. coming up, a group of college students got a professor fired because they say, wait for it, the class was too hard. so you only pay for what you need. contestants ready? go! only pay for what you need. jingle: liberty. liberty. liberty. liberty.
9:42 am
9:43 am
9:44 am
9:45 am
>> president biden in southwest florida, happening just now, storm damage thereby a helicopter receiving a briefing as well. he will also be meeting with florida governor ron desantis. we'll cover that for you live as it happens. plus our panel reacts to opec's 2 million-barrel oil cuts. oil traded or phil flynn on what it means for you and your gas prices. in marc thiessen on joe biden's complaints about the media asking questions, just come join us live as "america reports" top of the hour see you then. ♪ ♪ spiel and welcome back, and nyu professor just got fired for making his class too hard. neil and jones jr. is now without a job. he taught organic chemistry until 82 of his 350 students signed a petition to get rid of
9:46 am
him. they say he was making work on reasonably difficult, but the professor is saying otherwise. they weren't coming to class, that's for sure, because i can count the house. they weren't watching the videos, and they weren't able to answer the questions. dr. saphier, organic chemistry, my doctor is in organic chemistry doctor, i said is that hard? he said yes, the most feared pre-med class, but these kids, their complaints were that he reduced midterms 3-2, and not extra credit, but these are ridiculous. >> no extra credits! no one gets extra credit! probably the only income person who took organic chemistry on this couch, there is a high failure rate in organic chemistry, because it is so difficult. but that is kind of want to be a rite of passage is where it is pre-med. if you can get through it, you
9:47 am
will get through medical school. it's kind of like how we looked at it. but i will say there is a normal attrition rate when in pre-med, the one thing i did see is this professor is 84 years old, so sometimes you can get a little old and a little curmudgeonly, but that is not what is going on. they were coming out of covid and remote learning, and it was too hard and too much work, so winning it easier. ways for extra points, unfortunately this is back to reality, this is not lowering the standards because that is where they are these days. if they want it easier, they want their safe spaces, they want their mental health holidays, no, no, no. back to reality and you have to be able to hit the same metrics that the rest of us did, because we are not going to allow an entire new class of pre-med individuals be set apart our standards. >> kayleigh: it's a great point, we have a president who is almost 80, but this guy is 84, just a side note, but professor jones, one of the tests, the average score was 30,
9:48 am
30. this is a weed out class. it's because that's not crazy for organic chemistry. >> brian: number one, thank goodness i did not have to take it, but number two i would be embarrassed to say it is too hard. i would say that sometimes professors are really bright, but they can't teach, but for somebody with this track record at the stage with more than 1200 page textbook on it. i would assume that he is extremely confident what you want to see his effort, and you need us to be a doctor, it's not one of those gratuitous extra course credits that are around you as an individual, these are things you need to absorb, so it's unbelievable. i love that the doctor, the professor came back and said oh, the things that the class is not doing because he should double down and say pick it up, the pandemic is over, you have a high bar for a reason, this is a prestigious school, i think, although not as good as princeton where he was before. >> kayleigh: not as good as princeton, but emily, he paid $5,000 of his own money to tape 52 lectures and the kids are complaining they did not have good internet coverage, excuses,
9:49 am
my goodness. >> emily: this whole story makes me so sick, they are paying what's come 85, $100,000 a year, that tuition i'm sure covering ancillary resources. >> brian: might be the most expensive college in the country. >> emily: in this town where they are getting shot at to get to class, but they love it every day. you have two choices if you have a hard professor, you rise to the occasion and you use those resources and you go to your ta and you watch those videos and a double down and you work hard and get help or you flunk out. the fact that they want to be >> kayleigh: fed an extra, i'm sorry, if i'm getting operated on, the last thing i want is a doctor or whoever it is to say, to have the one that said, i didn't get extra credit! i want the one that survived and was a man or woman about it. i also want to get you a shirt that said "i survived ochem." >> kayleigh: also said after covid kids were having problems focusing, is this the case of remote learning being detrimental to our students or something more?
9:50 am
>> dr. saphier: sure, everybody had a problem after covid, but what worries me is we have to stop coddling our kids. we think about the precedent that they just sent. so what happens now, another group of kids picks and other professor and you are going to fire that person too? like we have to teach our kids, whatever, my son is a junior in college, whenever he complains about her professor, i always take the professor's side, because he has to learn hard work. yes to understand life is not easy. he has to understand what it means to struggle. and if that classes hard, guess what, you get tutoring, you get extra help. you do whatever it takes, but the last thing i'm going to do is support my child going and sending a letter to a school saying this professor is too hard. we don't raise victims. that's the key. we can't raise victims. >> dr. saphier: you are promoting mutiny, you're going to have to. here's your entire life, you can't just think because it's hard for you that you can get someone fired or kicked out.
9:51 am
that's not the way that the world works. >> maybe they stamp out the 80 kids, that's weight the alumni association is for is to come into common sense and their donors have dollars and restore order. but i don't predict that happening. >> nikki: if they can do this now, they will continue to do it. it all falls the blame on the university. >> brian: you had an easy job last time, the one you had before this, how many times what do you have cowered in your office if you had that mentality? it's a little hostile in the press room today. >> kayleigh: they said professor jones had a condescending and demanding tone, i have heard some reporters say that to me. come to the united nations, there you go, ambassador haley. yes, you know it. more "outnumbered" in just a moment. ♪ ♪
9:52 am
9:53 am
9:54 am
9:55 am
♪ subway's drafting 12 new subs for the all-new subway series menu the new monster has juicy steak and crispy bacon. but what about the new boss? it looks so good it makes me hangry! settle down there, big guy the new subway series. what's your pick?
9:56 am
♪♪ >> great song choice. last but not least, we have all made good and bad decisions in our lives, average person has made four wrong major decisions in life. so, we'll talk about regrets. brian, do you regret friday night when you were out on the town clubbing with cavuto? >> no, it's funny you bring that up. he's a lot of fun, we are both italian and irish, a lot in common, he's better at math. big regrets? i regret that in my senior year in high school i spent all my money flying to fix a mustang and i felt it was ready to go, the chassis was cracked. so wasted all my money and body plastic, that's about it. besides that, i've made every right choice. >> yes, you have, especially
9:57 am
coming on "outnumbered." dr., do you regret -- >> having had a child very young and then more later i will say i corrected my mistake with my younger two ones. with my first son, i was so focused on college and medical school and residency, i was not so present, so i tried to turn that around more with my younger two to be more in the moment. i think that's a huge thing when it comes to parents. you blink and they are grown up. >> and probably also a common byproduct of overachievers, and people who accomplish a lot, a lot of us are, in that you don't stop to savor the moment. do you feel that same way? >> one of the regrets i have i've become a runner but i started last year, 18 months ago. i wish i would have done it years ago and you always make all these excuses why you can't, and i realize how much that has made my life -- easier to prioritize, easier to balance,
9:58 am
be calm and easy. doing that, i wish i had known to do that earlier. >> that's amazing. kayleigh. >> this is going to sound terrible, i made all good decisions, married the right person, took the right job, went to the right schools, and great decisions, but i got two dogs at the wrong time. one in college and one in law school and could not handle them so i gave them to my parents, now have like four dogs because of me. >> they have a pack. >> they have like a herd. it is a wolf pack when you walk into the house. >> all your fault. >> sorry, mom and dad. >> often times people say regret is not doing things they regret versus regretting actually doing something. a missed opportunity? >> you referenced something in the break, everybody get home, no idea what you are talking about. the things we do, like i have to give it some thought and be introrespective, so i have not about things to do, i'll pass. we talk about governors book a
9:59 am
little longer. >> ambassador hayley is out with a new book. "if you want something done, leadership lessons from bold women." ambassador, tell us more. >> strong girls become strong women, strong women become strong leaders, and never a time we have motivated and inspired women. we tried to get some stories together to talk about ordinary women who did extraordinary things, and did it not by being victims, did it by courage and comfortable in their skin, and problem solvers, this is a great motivational book for any women, especially if we have daughters or granddaughters, but also young professional women trying to book it and get it done, great way to say you've got this and leader or mentor, saying thank you, giving them this and saying thank you and reminding them they are one of those. an who should read this book besides everyone you just
10:00 am
listed? >> i think women and men should. a time women are going through such challenges, we talked about transgender, so many other things. women need to read this, all women of all ages to remember what makes us great. >> we would be remiss, you were among the strong women, and looking forward to margaret thatcher among them. >> great to be with all of you. >> don't forget to dvr the show, and now here is "america reports." >> sandra: a major announcement by opec could have a big impact on your gas prices and just of about the midterms. pocket book issues like the cost to fill up the tank set to play a major role in november's midterm elections. >> john: after taking credit for the falling cost of gas, the biden administration is passing the buck as prices climb. jackie deangelis, phil flynn on the huge story coming up. >> sandra: first, a fox news

242 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on